Physical Education at Armstrong Creek School
At Armstrong Creek School we believe for children to get physically active, they need to feel confident in different settings. We believe that confidence stems from having learned fundamental movement skills and key sports skills as soon as they start with us in foundation. The development of fundamental movement skills and key sports skills is critical if children are to feel good about physical activity. Physical Education is an essential aspect of a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle and helps to build self-esteem, confidence, cooperation and fitness. Regular, enjoyable physical activities are provided which allow students to acquire the skills necessary for participation in sport and leisure pursuits.
Armstrong Creek School’s Physical Education program aims to teach students how to enhance their own and others’ health, safety, wellbeing and physical activity participation in varied and changing contexts. We do this by implementing some amazing activities into our Physical Education program:
- Game sense and fundamental motor skills units, athletics pursuits, dance and gymnastics units.
- PMP for Foundation students, and a targeted program run by our school OT’s
- House cross country, swimming and athletics sports days
- Inter-school and division representation in various sports
- Participation in sporting school program allowing professional coaches to come in to coach the children
- Wide range of first class facilities: access to gymnasium, ovals, soccer pitch, 4 outdoor netball and basketball courts. Tennis and volleyball courts
- A comprehensive range of sports equipment
- Recess and lunchtime sports and dance clubs